Runny noses, watery eyes, coughing and trouble breathing are all just a few signs that something’s wrong with your indoor airflow or air quality. Fortunately, that’s not the end of the world! Addressing poor airflow is something you can do on your own without the help of custom sheet metal services in Ruston, LA. Continue reading to learn how to improve your indoor airflow in a matter of minutes:
- Check vents and registers: The easiest way to ensure air is circulating throughout your home is to check all of the vents and registers. Opening up all of the vents helps make sure each room is getting the right amount of airflow and prevents your HVAC system from working overtime to heat or cool your home.
- Run ceiling fans: Running ceiling fans throughout the year will also improve the airflow throughout your house. While using ceiling fans, most homeowners can raise the thermostat setting four degrees without noticing a difference in comfort level. This can help save big bucks throughout the summer!
- Clean the ducts: Since you can’t see them for yourself, it’s easy to forget that air ducts get quite dirty throughout the year. All of that dust and debris up in the ducts can restrict your airflow and result in poor indoor air quality. Hire a company to clean your custom ductwork in Ruston, LA once every three years to prevent any problems.
- Invest in a ventilator: Hiring a company to install an energy recovery ventilator is another great way to improve your indoor airflow and boost your indoor air quality. These devices flush out stale air and draw in fresh air, which can lower humidity and make your house more comfortable. Additionally, these systems can reduce the strain on your existing HVAC system, effectively lowering your cooling bills.
- Buy house plants: Buying house plants is an all-natural way to purify your home’s air. Some of the best plants for improving air quality are the snake plant, red-edged dracaena, Chinese evergreen plant, peace lily and spider plant.
- Replace the air filter: Your HVAC’s air filter is responsible for keeping airborne debris out of the system and your home’s air. It’s vital that you replace the filter once a month or as recommended by your unit’s manufacturer. This small step will improve your air quality and help keep your custom ductwork in Ruston, LA clean.
- Schedule HVAC maintenance: Finally, hire a professional to inspect your HVAC system and air ducts. A quick maintenance call will ensure your system is running to the best of its ability and your ducts are sparkling clean. You’ll be breathing better air, and you won’t have to worry about a midseason HVAC malfunction.
Call our pros for an inspection today
If your indoor air doesn’t seem quite right or if you’re constantly suffering from allergies, call our team at J & B Air Conditioning, Heating, & Gutters. As experts in both HVAC and custom sheet metal services in Ruston, LA, we have all of the tools and expertise to improve your indoor airflow. Contact us today to set up an appointment to have your indoor air tested and ductwork inspected.