As the leaves continue to fall throughout the month of November, most homeowners will find themselves getting up on ladders to clear leaves out of their gutters to prevent blockages that could eventually become problematic if left unaddressed.
If you’re sick of having to spend time every fall cleaning leaves out of your gutters, you should consider installing gutter guards. These guards make for a great addition to your gutter system and add to the value of your home, as homeowners (as well as prospective buyers) greatly appreciate the extra protection they provide.
Here are just a few of the biggest reasons why you should consider seamless gutter installation in Ruston, LA:
- Prevent debris from filling your gutters: Clearing out your gutters is one of the most annoying chores you’ll have to take on as a homeowner. It can also be dangerous, as it requires you to get up to a certain height on a ladder to be able to see and remove any debris. A gutter guard will prevent that unwanted debris from entering your gutter system in the first place, allowing water to trickle down and through safely but keeping away leaves, sticks, dirt and other types of contaminants.
- Prevent repairs: In the long run, you’ll save quite a bit of money on potential repairs by purchasing gutter guards. Gutters that get clogged can freeze and pull away from the fascia, which can result in some significant damage. By preventing gutter clogs, you’re also preventing the need for expensive repairs that might occur in their wake.
- Prevent rust: A buildup of wet, damp debris inside your gutters can result in rust formation. A rusted gutter can develop holes, which prevents proper gutter operation and could result in you needing to spend a significant amount of money to repair the gutters or replace them altogether. Therefore, it’s in your best interest to get gutter guards and prevent rust from becoming an issue you need to worry about.
- Avoid maintenance: Because gutter guards reduce the amount of maintenance you need to perform on your gutters, this will also save you a significant amount of time to spend on other projects. If you have a lot of gutters, the amount of time you can save from being able to avoid this maintenance task can be significant.
- Reduced hazards: As we previously mentioned, there are a few environmental hazards associated with clogged gutters that you can avoid with gutter guards. During the winter months, if gutters aren’t draining properly, they could freeze up, resulting in more blockage and potential damage caused by expansion or by the increased weight of the gutter system. During summers when the weather gets particularly dry, leaves and twigs can result in an increased fire risk.
These are just a few examples of some of the biggest benefits of gutter guards. If you’re interested in learning more about our gutter guard installation services and our work on seamless gutter repair in Ruston, LA, we encourage you to contact J & B Air Conditioning, Heating, & Gutters today.